The mission of the Amity Elementary School community is to empower students to become responsible learners and to promote character development.
The Amity community fosters learning to embrace the challenges of the future. Amity continues to have its excellent academic reputation. As we welcome the newly adopted Common Core State Standards, we aim to meet the learning requirements for each child. Amity Elementary School students will be empowered and will represent this area and their families with pride as they move on into their future endeavors. We have been and will continue to be a learning community.
The following expectations: Responsibility, Teamwork, Honesty, Respect and Dignity will be integrated into the Amity Elementary School curriculum.
- Exactly what is it that we want students to learn?
- How will we know each student has acquired the essential knowledge and skills?
- What happens in our school when a student does not learn?
- What happens in our school if the student already knows what we want them to learn?
Effective Schools Correlates
- Strong Instructional Leadership
- Clear and focused mission
- Safe and orderly environment
- Climate of high expectations
- Frequent monitoring of student progress
- Positive home-school relations
- Opportunity to learn and student time on task
Time has been set aside so each grade level can meet at least 45 minutes per week to collaborate on student learning. Each collaboration meeting will be driven by an agenda and notes on the meeting will be returned to the principal, who will attend meetings as much as possible.